Sunday, June 28, 2009

He sat down near the well


He was tired from walking, so He sat down near the well. The time was noon.

A woman from Samaria came to get water. He asked her, “Will you give me a drink?”

The woman said, “You are a Jew, I am a Samaritan. Why ask me for a drink?”

“If you knew God’s gift and if you knew who I am, then you would ask Me and I would give you living water.”

She said, “Sir, the well is deep, and you don’t have anything to get the water. Our father Jacob gave us this well and he and his sons and animals drank from it. Are You better than Jacob?”

He answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will become thirsty again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never become thirsty again. The water I give him will become a spring of
water, springing up to eternal life.”

The woman said, “Sir, give me this water so I won’t become thirsty. Then I won’t need to continue coming here for water.”

No comments: