Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just accept the situation and there is no problem


It is very hot in the afternoon and Osho is resting on His cot after lunch; everyone else has gone out. I close the latch of the door and sit on the floor near His cot and start fanning Him with a little hand fan. After a while He opens His eyes and says, "Stop fanning and go to sleep."

I feel maybe He is thinking I am tired; but I am really enjoying it--making Him a little comfortable. I tell Him, "It is very hot and I can continue to fan you."

He says, "Just accept the situation and there is no problem." He closes His eyes again; I stop fanning Him and slowly move away. I can see curious people jumping and peeping in at the windows which have no curtains. I watch Him--He is resting like an emperor on His golden throne.

In the night I take His mattress to the terrace and make a bed for Him on the floor. It is quite cool there and He likes to sleep under the sky, and tells us also to sleep there and enjoy the stars and moon.

Chapter 16
One Hundred Tales for Ten Thousand Buddhas
Ma Dharm Jyoti

No comments: