Monday, March 1, 2010

It is good to be aware of it from the very beginning



After lunch Osho is resting in His room and I am sitting on the verandah

guarding. Three elderly Muslims walk in and say, " We want to see 'Peer-baba'." Peer-baba is an Urdu word which Muslims use for their masters. I tell them, "He is resting now" ; they could come back at 3:00pm.

They are just curious to know about Osho. To start with, one of them asks me if I am His daughter. Just to avoid unnecessary talk I simply say, "Yes." But I am wrong. It is not so simple as I thought. The other person asks, "Where is your mother?" Now I am in a dilemma, I don't know what to say. My real mother is no longer alive. Thinking of her, I say, "My mother has died." Feeling uneasy with them, I get up to go in and one of those three says, " Please, one more question. Do you have more sisters and brothers?" I take a deep breath. Things are going too far now. I feel stupid to start with a lie,

and look at them in silence.

To my great relief they leave and I hear one of them saying, "Poor girl, her mother has died and she is taking care of her father."

When I tell Osho the whole dialogue, He laughs and says, "So now you know how one lie leads to others. It is good to be aware of it from the very beginning."

Chapter 49

No comments: